Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year

"A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous"- A New Year's resolution. Nobody is perfect, and thats why we have new years resolutions. To make our selves a better person, to make our life easier. A New year's resolution is a goal that you want to achieve by the end of the year. Thousands of people all over the world make these goals every year, and I'm one of them.
2010 had been a great year for me, but all of that could be even better in 2011. One of my goals for this year is to get all my homework completed in under an hour, with few exceptions. I know that many people have a goal to get more organized but I think that I really need to step it up. Usually what happens is I come home, and I go upstairs to do my homework. I will go straight to the computer although not all my homework is needed a computer. This is when I get distracted. I then take a long time finish even one assignment. So far middle school has been great, but one thing the seventh graders warned us about was the homework. Compared to elementary school, we have a lot of homework, but since we are half way through 6th grade, I guess we are used to it. This will keep me organized at school as well as at home. When my homework is done in an hour or less, then I can have all the free time I want. Not only that but the next day I am sure that all my homework has been done the night before so I don’t have to take time out of my lunch to do any assignment. Which means that I will not only complete my homework in a short amount of time, I will also have few or maybe even no late work. I like this goal because it impacts a lot on how well I do in school, and I would like to bring my grade up to at least an A. And I hope that this goal will help.
My next goal is about my room. I would like to try to keep it clean all year. I know that it is not going to be clean every second of the day, but at least for half of it. My room is usually messy and most of the time my maid cleans it up. This year, I would like to try and give her one less job to do. This way my maid is less tired at the end of the day. My mum says a clean room is a clear mind. And I think she’s right. Most people who have a messy room are not very organized and are inefficient. But when waking up to a clean room keeps your mind clear and open. Having a clean room will help me in a lot of ways. First of all it will help me achieve my first goal. It will also help my maid, my mother and my siblings. My mum and maid will have less work to do. And with me waking up to a clean room, I am happier in the mornings so this will create less trouble for me and my family. With my things in place and toys in order, my mother will never need to tell me to go clean my room.
“Is it recording?” I asked “Almost, just hold on a second” Jed said.  “Can we please practice one more time?” I told him. “Fine” He said. Jed and I had been friends for many years now, my parents actually knew their family before I was even born. Although I was a year older than him, we always have the greatest times together. This was our 3rd christmas back in Australia since we were overseas, we usually come back every 2 years. We were almost ready to record our video for the song Just a Dream by Nelly. I liked this song a lot but   Jed didn’t know anything about it, infact I didn’t think he had ever heard the song before. We were both wearing his brothers jackets, some flat caps and a pair of green ray-bans. “Ok, you ready?” He asked. He looked nervous, so I assured him that I was ready. “Go!” He whispered and crawled into place. As the music started to play, we slowly go into the camera’s frame. Although we didn’t have a choreographed dance we still did our best. 
Later that day, we showed everyone. Jed was so proud of it that he put it on youtube. Now everyone can see our amazing video!





























http://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:New+Year's+resolution&sa=X&ei=QXIqTYfAGcXVrQeb68GYDA&ved=0CBUQkAE

No comments:

Post a Comment