Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Gestalt Side: Profile L

Everyone has different ways of learning. I was taught this the other day when Mr. Whiting came into our class to show us learning profile. I found that I was profile, which is proved to be Eistein's profile. Although I am profile L, I need lots of improvements to help learn better and understand well in class.

There are many ways to learn well but the best way that I learn is to have my dominant eye and ear, which is my on my right side facing the board, and the speaker. In my humanities, I have the perfect spot because my right ear and eye are facing the front of the room. I learned that when I move in class, it helps me understand when I am reading, writing, communicating with others. There are many things I do in class that prove I am Profile L such as rocking on my chair. I am always doing this, all my teachers and even my mum get annoyed by it but I just can't stop! I also click my pens, or take the cap off and put it back on. Now this, people get annoyed, but like I said, it helps me to listen and concentrate better. When I am relaxed, I communicate, see, hear better. Like I said, there are many ways people learn well, but these are the ways that I learn best.

With being a Profile L, you have many disadvantages, so there are things I need to do to help in school and at home. One of the things I should do is play Lazy 8's with my finger on the table. You draw 8's on the table with out taking your finger off the table, but while doing this you are looking at the speaker. There are also many other ways to learn effectively rather always just getting distracted.

As you can see there are many ways to so learn well whether it's where your sitting or playing games with a pen a paper. You can learn effectively but it can be hard sometimes, there are some disadvantages to being an L gestalt learner. But at the end of the day, I am glad I am a L learner, even though there are some bad things to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment