Monday, September 13, 2010

Courage, do I have it?



My parents say I am "very courages" in a parent way, you know, when they say it just to make you feel good when you know that they lying. Well, there is one time when I know I was courages. Well, what exacty is courage first? Courage is bravery, feeling fearless, independent. Being courages means to be strong willed, being able to stand for yourself and others rights, being able to do something one fears.

Well, when I did show courage was the show of my life (well, back then) Night of the Notables. We each studied a person, a notable, kind of like your very own idol, someone to look up to, your very own role model. I studyed Amelia Earhart, I knew nothing about her until then. Then at the end of this unit, we would put on a play showing all that we have learned. That was my favorite part, but I always had stage fright although I loved going on stage and showing off. I had practiced and worked so hard so I did not want to mess things up. And after the play, we would share our "black boards" This was a poster which would tell all about your own notable. As I said I couldn't wait. It took us weeks of researching and and rehearses. It was coming, only a few more days until the actual Night of the Notables. Everyone was working hard to memorize lines, glue pictures onto their blackboard and practicing songs.

Finally, it was the night. Although I couldn't wait, I was also terrified by the amount of people there were, my whole class was counting on me, how could I mess this up? Questions roamed through my head, what if I forget my lines? What if I go to the wrong spot on stage? What if? As the parents were given a speech by the principle, we entered through the back. At last, the lights went down, show time! We got into our lines, and then the music turned on, the lights lit up the stage as we skipped on and off. Then, the first act, I waited seated in my spot impatiently. I sat there, bored out of my mind, waiting for our turn to finally get on stage. Then I patently watched the last act before ours, I couldn't believe it! It was almost over, but not just yet.

 Then it was our cue, everyone walked on the stage, we all got into our places. Then I waited for my cue, there it was, my class mate and I said our line in unison. It went all as planned! It was perfect, but my turn wasn't over yet. I still had another line, which said alone. The music changed, that indicated that it was my line. I said my phares as loud and clear as I could. I must have said it right because my parents said they loved it! Then when everyone had sang their songs and said there lines, we all skipped once again, off the stage. I couldn't be convinced that it was all over, all that hard work would now be swept under the rug, but no, this night would be remembered forever in my mind.

6 comments:

  1. I like when you told us about your parents it was funny. I have felt the same way too.The play sounds quite cool I wish I was there. I have had the same experience just like your's but at audition at my old school for the talent show I auditioned but didn't get in.I did not mind but I thought to myself at least I tried. Great blog post Alexandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That opening line at the beginning of your blog post, made me laugh so hard! Not because it was funny (although it was)but because my parents say that too! I remember Night of the Notables I was very nervous too. Finally when it was finished I was happy and sad. Night of the notables will stay in my mind forever.

    P.S
    you were good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra, this was a really good blog post! I felt the same way during Night of The Notables. I really liked how you explained everything that was going on. I could tell you worked hard to write this passage and the work paid off, but I think you should check your grammar and spelling. Like Abhi said my parents also say stuff like that to me. Good blogpost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this was a really good passage Alexandra! I think you had great Information. But one thing you could include would be a picture. Don't worry because I also didn't put one in. I think you did a great job with this you gave great information. When I started reading this it really dragged me in like it is supposed to. I really enjoyed reading your passage!

    ReplyDelete