Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bullying??!! What about courage?

Everyone experiences bullying or was a bully. But you should always have courage to stand up for you or some else. I once saw bullying been done, well not exactly, it was done by the internet, cyber bullying. I thought it was horrible, I don't think that just because you are mad at someone, it doesn't mean you have the right to bully them.


 Well, this story began on a normal school day, and everything was fine. And then it happened. Everyone was called into the 5th grade pod. We were all seated. We were told that someone had sent an email, a very mean and offensive email, but, it was sent by a teachers account and obviously it wasn't a teacher. Although, no one knew who it was.  

So we had this talk about, just own up, nothing bad will happen, you won't get in trouble, that kind of stuff, but still, no one said a thing. "Alright, now is your chance, tell us who sent the email, and if you know anything about this, please tell us as soon as possible" a moment of silence, still, no one. 

Then we all went back to our classes, then the secret was let out, it leaked out to everyone, within an hour or two, everyone in 5th grade knew who sent the email, better known as, the bully! I knew they had done it!  There was something suspicious about the way he looked at her, if only I had known what he had done, then I could have told her! But the only reason I didn't want to say anything was because I was scared of what he would do to me. I wasn't courageous, I should have been, like I said, people don't have  the right to push around others.


What would I do different? Well, I would have agreed with my conscience and stood up for her. I would have said something to her to make sure that she felt secure and reassuring, make her feel like she wasn't alone. I'd have her tell someone else, so they could do something about it. She was my friend, how could I have not done something?

Nobody is perfect, even me and there is somethings I need to work on in life, like maybe listening to my friends problems more, instead of making them listen to me, become less selfish. So, then maybe, I could have more friends. I would also like to be more courages, I mean, I will be more courages! So I could stand up for everyone and stop bullying, the hero! Remember, just because someone is smaller, weaker, or as you might think, "different" doesn't mean you can torment, judge, harass, do make anyone feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment